Training via Macros to save my sanity / health

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Wryson Rose

Training via Macros to save my sanity / health

Post by Wryson Rose » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:12 pm

Greetings everyone. I come bearing a question:

Is it possible to create a macro that lets you train your skills, without breaking your mouse, or your arm?
As of late, I've got it down to almost being a fully complete and self sufficient macro, but I can't quite get the last step.

As it is, with the line of work I'm in, and already having pulled a muscle in my arm recently, clicking like mad in order to train is giving me hell.
If anyone can offer some suggestions or tips on how to fix or otherwise create a better macro, it would be appreciated.

If necessary, I can give the details of my current macro, which is all done from within the UO Client.

Thrudd Treebeard

Re: Training via Macros to save my sanity / health

Post by Thrudd Treebeard » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:42 am

Hi Wryson

What are you trying to train and how are you trying to train it?

Wryson Rose

Post by Wryson Rose » Wed Oct 21, 2015 11:49 am

There is no one specific skill I am training, but the methodology of the training is the same.

In essence, I use my skill to analyze an item, be it a dagger, an enemy, myself, a barrel, a fish, or any other item. If I succeed, I get a window to appear with the information of the item, and then an option to close it via a button, or right clicking.

My in-UO macro will handle all of it, except for closing the window. No matter what option I use within UO itself, I cannot close the window, EXCEPT the full close of all gumps. Sadly, if I use that option, the system is forced into a permanent "still in use" status, and I cannot use any skill, or perform any actions, as something else is already being done.

As a result, I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Either right/left click manually, or be prevented from doing anything at all.

Thrudd Treebeard

Post by Thrudd Treebeard » Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:56 am

Drop gold over a vendors head and train your skill. Very little clicking involved.

If you've started a disciple and are trying to train anatomy I think there is no option but clicking.

I believe that UOLoop is usable with Valhalla but I've never used it myself.

Wryson Rose

Post by Wryson Rose » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:30 am

I am speaking more of training a skill beyond the point which a trainer can help you. The macro I build in UO itself allows for everything except the pop-up window at the end. That doesn't close. if I use an option within the macro to close the gump, it gets into an endless "You are already doing something" loop, and I can no longer click anything.

Thrudd Treebeard

Post by Thrudd Treebeard » Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:16 am

There is no point beyond which the trainer cannot help you. Skills are trainable right to the skill cap on Valhalla.

Wryson Rose

Post by Wryson Rose » Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:21 pm

There most certainly is a point where the trainer cannot help you. That point is when you cannot afford it.

This is why I'm working on the macro. Everything seems peachy except the last bit. Then the whole system breaks down, or it goes into an infinite "You are already doing something else." loop.