Arms Lore training question

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Tiri

Arms Lore training question

Post by Tiri » Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:53 am

Hello,

I'm new here and I would like to train up my arms lore. How exactly do you do that? Or I have to pay for that at trainer?

Wryson Rose

Re: Arms Lore training question

Post by Wryson Rose » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:18 pm

Arms lore here is not exactly what you expect it to be as you would expect on other servers.

If you use Arms Lore on an item, instead of gaining that specific skill, you instead learn the skill appropriate to the item.
For example, if you arms lore a metal weapon or armor, you'll gain blacksmithy. For clothing and leather, you'll gain tailoring.

From what I've gathered so far, you may have to train it from a merchant and let it build naturally. However, at the same time, I've NEVER gained any points in it directly, even with massive amounts of melee combat done.

So, I'm stumped myself overall, but I hope what I COULD tell you helps.

Haldir Quindiniar

Post by Haldir Quindiniar » Fri Oct 30, 2015 3:23 pm

It's best to assume that you need to invest money in all skils to make them increase.

Some skills also increase by using them but this goes very, very, very slow and I don't think armslore is one of them. Armslore is used to boost your combat a bit (http://wiki.valhallalost.com/index.php?title=Arms_Lore)
Basically you invest money in skills till the trainer say you'll reach skill cap and that's the last time you'll have to invest in it (unless you deathcry).

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:17 pm

I recall mine did seem to rise by itself but not by very much, didn't realize what it was for at first. After 3 years I bought training. So I agree with hal, best to buy training in it. You do need over 60 for it to be useful though.

Wryson Rose

Post by Wryson Rose » Sat Oct 31, 2015 2:30 am

Technically, you can easily train arms lore. Unfortunatly, the skill doesn't directly correspond to the combat increase. Instead, it transfers to the appropriate craft skill. Why this is, I'm not sure. But even so, if you're looking to increase arms lore, you must train it from a merchant, or set it as your primary/secondary.

Additionally though, it does NOT notify you of any gains. To me, this is odd and disorienting.