Training skills increases your stats, not passive training!

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Wryson Rose

Training skills increases your stats, not passive training!

Post by Wryson Rose » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:32 pm

Greetings everyone.

I wanted to throw this out there, because I've noticed this is a bit of a problem in my mind.

As it stands, training a skill (directly, not via the merchant) does not raise the stat associated with it accordingly. It, in fact, doesn't raise ANY stat. The only way it seems to increase is via passive gains of your primary/secondary skills, or (possibly) from training via a merchant. BOTH of which require a long period of time online. Someone said it CAN train offline, but I've yet to see this.

This should be changed. Here's why:

Let's say that a character is created who wants to be a blacksmith and miner. So, they create the character, choose their class, and create the character and head for the mountainside to mine.
After spending about an hour working on the mountainside, they come back to the forge with a couple thousand iron ore.
After spending about a half an hour working on smithy, and creating a dozen or so items, smelting, and crafting more, they finally run out of material.

Now, their character has spent the past hour and a half to two hours working their muscles to drag ore out of a mountain, hammer iron into various armors and weapons, smelt and hammer those items back into ingots, and then repeat the process again.

Over that entire period of time, they have not gained one point of strength, except perhaps through passive skill gains.

This seems to be completely against the normal process of gaining stats.

As it currently stands, you can train your skills to incredibly high levels by actually going into the world and working on them. However even if you do, you're still just as strong, agile, or intelligent as the fellow who spent all his time standing around the bank, drinking tea and chatting up the locals.

This makes absolutely no sense. If you want to become stronger, work your muscles. If you want to be more dexterous, work with your hands. Want to be more intelligent? Expand your mind by practicing the magical arts.

Awe son of dragons

Re: Training skills increases your stats, not passive traini

Post by Awe son of dragons » Fri Dec 25, 2015 2:52 pm

Hi Wryson,

Know this may be a bit late...but better late then never?? I am kinda new to this shard also...as far as your questions about raising skills and stats, I believe this shard is set up so that you can play, RP, have fun....without making it a JOB...like in the old days......................

To raise your skill offline.....give gold to a skill trainer, training desired skills....and the log out in an Inn. Your skill should rise while offline.

As far as stats....they quickly rise while you are logged on and active (moving about, hunting, using skills).

Hope this helps....

Peace n Love

-Awe
"Assume Nothing. Question Everything..."