Race Bonuses

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Thrudd Treebeard

Re: Race Bonuses

Post by Thrudd Treebeard » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:56 pm

All my chars are Dwarves. I've had all classes and all trades over the years never had a problem. Had a dwarf necro and he was a tailor too :)

I've also gone down the race/class road, elf ranger, drow mage etc, got bored and started again. In the end I just stick with dwarves.

Compromises have to be made with every character, but balancing them is part of the challenge.

Thrudd Treebeard

Post by Thrudd Treebeard » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:24 am

I'm happy with 10 tactics and 5 magic resist. Being the most powerful doesn't bother me, my priest/cleric has always been just fine. Of course if you're concerned that a vampire or drow of the same class would beat the dwarf, I couldn't care less as I came to Valhalla to get away from PVP.

Thrudd Treebeard

Post by Thrudd Treebeard » Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:47 am

I'm not taking anything at all personally and I do think about how things affect other players. The race/class system has aspects that make every char a compromise. Any change to the status quo does affect all players in one way or another. The whole idea is that all races and classes are not equal in everything.