Some questions from a new player

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Yossarion1

Some questions from a new player

Post by Yossarion1 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:39 pm

Hello Valhalla !
I've just started playing today and i have a lot of things to ask about. I am a veteran UO player (i started playing UO when i was around 13 years old, now i am 25...). I have seen a lot of different servers, lots of custom stuff and custom maps but i think that is the best one ! So here we go with my questions :
1. I created a dwarf fighter, but i intend to focus on crafting mostly, so far i know that there is no skill cap in here, but it is possible to have all that crafting skills AND fighting skills ?
2. Why i can't buy any animals from stable keepers (or whatever that npc is called) ?
3. I am in Asgard right now, but i have found only one small mountain to mine for ores and after like 2 minutes of mining i mined 5 earth elementals, is there any safest place to mine ?
4. What is the usual online in here ? So far i have seen about 10 ppl
5. Why there is no guards in asgard ? There are skeletons wandering around town and with 0 fighting skills it is a bit annoying, i know i can just overrun them but when they are near bank i can't access my bankbox until i will kite them far away.

Thanks
Yoss

Sora Bloodbane

Re: Some questions from a new player

Post by Sora Bloodbane » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:45 pm

Hello Yoss, welcome to our home!
Granted Im not on much, something I need to correct
Buuuuut due to this, there are some things I need to brush up on myself.
So make sure to get others advice as well, and look over the wiki page

1. I have a crafter, she can fight, not too great, though I tend not to with her anyways, more for the RP reason, as well I have a miner/gather, who can kick butt, if I worked on her more Im sure she'd whoop it all. Just have to tweak things here and there.
2. Stable keepers, are to stable your pets. You have to tame them first, or buy them from player vendors.
3. There are a lot of places to go mining, thats the fun of exploring, or ask someone who might know of a spot.
4. Im unsure of the amount on at one time, as I said above, Im lacking in the department of being on more myself
5. Ehhhh town guards are not there, (I think) cuz of evil beings like me (red named) *coughs* Sorry. It's the main town, so we all kinda zoom through, though there may be more to it then that.
Though you can go into the bank and up on its roof to avoid the skellies. Or keep doing what you are doing, or visit another bank.

This is just my 2 gold on the matter. Some one else wanna help and add theirs too? Cuz I know yall be here more then me....still I need to correct that!!
Though good luck, and dont hesitate to send me a PM when you happen to see me in game, Ill help (out of RP) much as I can.
evil never looked so good.

Post by Guest » Fri Dec 11, 2015 3:03 pm

Sorry but i have given up on this shard as there was not more than 10 ppl online almost all day, and there was not a lot of ppl visiting forum so im assuming that this shard is on it's last legs and even if it will be working for some time it probably wont be much more busy.

Thanks and have fun :)

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Post by Lord Odin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:06 am

Your loss............................... :lol:
Law of Probability
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.