New Guild Info Building

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Solomon

New Guild Info Building

Post by Solomon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 2:53 pm

As of now it is pretty difficult for new players to find active guilds and current players to advertise their guild. We have the Guild Information forums section but it isn't really used and most guilds listed aren't active anymore.

I was thinking, what if the auction house located by the First bank of Asgard was re-designed into a Guild Information Building. The auction house has been inactive for quite some time now and could potentially be a great location for Guilds to leave there information at. The rooms could be designated to Guild Bulletin Boards/Alternate Guild Stones that have your guilds basic information on it. I.E. List/number of members, types of activities, alignment status, requirements etc.

In order for your guild to have a board/stone the Guild Master must purchase an open advertisement spot for a hefty amount (placed around the building could be bulletin boards or blank guild stones available to buy. After you obtain one you can fill it out with your guild info...and if you have a guild color, it can be colored.) Once your guild has a location, in order for the guild to keep it, any member must refresh the advertisement at least once a week. If the guild fails to do this the spot will be lost and a new one would need to be purchased. This would ensure that all the guilds advertised are active.

I think this would be a great way for new players to easily find active guilds to join and also great for guilds to recruit new members.

Sora Bloodbane

Re: New Guild Info Building

Post by Sora Bloodbane » Thu Jan 14, 2016 6:30 pm

I thought there was a guild area, in Folkvang already. I know I just came across something of that nature the other night.

Solomon

Post by Solomon » Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Yes, there is a guild building in Folkvang, though the guild stones are put there because they're inactive as far as i know. And other then that I think it can be used as a place for guilds to have meetings..................I thought it would be nice to have a place designated for active guilds to recruit and advertise, that is also easy for new players to find and access. Kind of the opposite of the building in Folkvang :lol: .

Odeth

Post by Odeth » Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:42 pm

I like this idea as that was one of the topics i was concerned with upon entering the shard for the first time. The people you do see seem few and far between untill you find out where the social areas are so this would indeed be an asset and a good way for newcommers to apply to the guild they feel better suited for, or for that matter maybe the guild colors alone would appeal to some. I do know that it is a good feeling knowing that there are still active guilds around that are seeking to expand.