Staff Characters

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Lady Skadi
Site Admin

Staff Characters

Post by Lady Skadi » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

Today has been very disappointing for me. I’ve been staff on Valhalla for nearly ten years. Not once in ten years has staff been such a huge topic of conversation.

If you do not already know this let me give you some insight. Our staff are all volunteers. Not one of us gets paid to monitor, create, or entertain you. We do not receive gold, special deco, special advancements, weapons, armor, nothing. Our chars earn skill and titles the same as yours. If anything, our game is hindered by being staff. A lot of quest we are unable to participate in. We don’t have a lot of time on our player chars because we are too busy upgrading, testing, tweaking, entertaining, and answering pages. Now we must take time out of our busy schedules to defend ourselves. Enough is enough.

We have a right to privacy the same as our players do. One of the first things I teach our Seers and go over is confidentiality and privacy. If we don’t feel they can be trusted, they will not be staff. Can someone tell me why some players feel staff do not have a right to privacy?

Do you realize the damage you cause? The harm you cause our player chars! The expense it cost us to make a new char. We must lie about who we are, we ask our close friends to lie about who we are. It’s not fair. If you know we are staff so be it, keep it to yourselves and treat us as players. If we are not in game on our chars, the population decreases. We lose our connection as a player. It’s hard to advocate for something when you aren’t in game to experience it.

When you announce to the shard who staff chars are, you are hurting yourself. You hurt yourself because players will no longer trust you with their secrets. You hurt yourself because they are speaking up and telling others what you are saying. If you have taken offense to this, then you probably owe some players and staff an apology.