'Old Version' weapons

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Haldir Quindiniar

'Old Version' weapons

Post by Haldir Quindiniar » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello,

I got a question concerning 'old version' weapons as talked about the in the Full List of Updates thread since High Seas: viewtopic.php?f=70&p=66463#p66463

"You can have physical and fire, cold, energy and poison damages on your weapon.
Use an elemental hammer to target an 'old-version' weapon to fix it. Until it is fixed, it will spread the single elemental damage on the weapon with physical.
"

I'm a returning player and completely unfamlier with High Seas so I have some questions.
Here is my weapon, which I assume is an old version since I haven't been around for a long time.

And this is the only Elemental Hammer that I have left:
Now you can't see it because I hovered over it to show the text but, it's a white hammer.

You can see why I have questions, it's only 1 charge... I don't want to f*ck up :)
So, can I just use this hammer on it and the weapon will be fine aka 'new'?
Will I have to get a frost gem as well?

Anything else I should know?

Thanks,
Haldir

Buri
Site Admin

Re: 'Old Version' weapons

Post by Buri » Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:20 am

You don't need to do anything for now. The elemental damage is split 4 ways but your weapon only shows 35 cold damage. The combat scripts will assume it is 35 cold and 65 physical - so the weapon can now stay as it is.
If you want to change the elemental damages then you will need to use the hammer and an elemental gem and it will use a charge.
Short answer - you can leave it as is .

Haldir Quindiniar

Re: 'Old Version' weapons

Post by Haldir Quindiniar » Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:29 pm

Cool, thanks for the answer!