Also can't create a character:

Shard and Forum Account Problems Only

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, Tack, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff, Mimir, Magni

Hirochihachi

Also can't create a character:

Post by Hirochihachi » Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:59 pm

I've followed nearly all the steps listed in the downloads section except the original Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy download link. I had to download the original game from here because the link on the Downloads page for ValhallaLost didn't work. Whenever clicking on the download link to the original Ultima Online client, I get the error "This site can’t be reached--games.mirrors.tds.net’s server DNS address could not be found."

But other than that hiccup, everything seems to have downloaded, unzipped, and installed fine. The Valhalla Lost client says my version is 6.0.5.0, patch 0. However, upon trying to create a character, it says Mondain's Legacy as well as the Samurai Empire upgrade are required. Doing some googling, it appears as though Samurai Empire should already be installed with Mondain's Legacy. The ReadMe from the original UO download repeats that all expansions up to Mondain's Legacy are included with the download, and the download was about the same as Valhalla Lost stated that it would be: Roughly 700 MB. I ran no patches or updates with the original client, as instructed by Valhalla Lost.

Any suggestions or insight? I'm looking forward to playing :)

Edit: Even Windows 10 recognizes the program as Ultima Online: Mondain's Legacy. I was going to uninstall and try a different download, but I'm convinced this unpatched, unupdated version should run smoothly with the ValhallaLost client.

Allanon

Re: Also can't create a character:

Post by Allanon » Sun May 01, 2016 1:53 am

Hi

you running Valhallalost.exe from the install directory in Admin mode?

Post by Guest » Sun May 01, 2016 3:15 pm

Hello! Thank you for your response.

I just tested it, and receive the same response while running valhallalost.exe as an administrator.

I can't create characters without the Age of Shadows, Samurai Empire, and Mondain's Legacy expansions, or so I'm told.

Does the patch version on my client (6.0.5.0 Patch 0) match yours?

Hirochihachi

Post by Hirochihachi » Sun May 01, 2016 3:16 pm

^ That's me. Forgot to login. O_o

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Post by Lord Odin » Mon May 02, 2016 11:18 am

are you running the valhallalost client from your desktop shortcut?

Also check all your val download files in the uo folder make sure windows did not block them.............also you shouldn't have to patch anything from uo........................................Odin
if its trying to patch your not using the valhallalost client
Law of Probability
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Hirochihachi

Post by Hirochihachi » Tue May 03, 2016 8:49 am

That's right sir, I've been opening valhallalost.exe from both the install folder and the desktop shortcut, trying both in Admin mode. They both produce the same results.

The wording used is "You must upgrade your account to Samurai Empire" and "You cannot use this feature with an account that does not have Age of Shadows access"...Is there a crucial step I'm missing? Just to confirm: I don't need to have an actual Ultima Online account, right?

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Post by Lord Odin » Tue May 03, 2016 11:35 am

Right you don't need a Ultima account hmm......... can you add me on skype masterofvalhalla@hotmail.com?

if you have teamviewer I can take a look at your setup and see if I can get it working..................
Law of Probability
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Hirochihachi

Post by Hirochihachi » Wed May 04, 2016 9:07 pm

Thanks for all your help, Lord Odin! The game is addicting already :)

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Post by Lord Odin » Thu May 05, 2016 1:06 am

Your very Welcome................. :lol:
Law of Probability