Can't connect

Shard and Forum Account Problems Only

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, Tack, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff, Mimir, Magni

Kalon

Can't connect

Post by Kalon » Wed May 11, 2016 3:14 pm

Evening folks,

I recently had to evacuate my city, I currently in another province and wanted to place some UO while here. I downloaded UOML from CNET and the Valhalla combined package. I installed everything as per the instructions, but I can't seem to connect. I tried to use the Valhalla client, but it seems to be attempting to connect to the OSI servers. Normally when I installe the game, it asked me to replace some files, which it did not this time. I noticed the Logim.cfg file was there with Valhallas address. Using any other client causes the game to get stuck at verifying accounts. I'm currently using a laptop with windows 8. I've tried reinstalling/redownloading everything, running in admin mode, starting the client and a shortcut to the client. Any suggestions?

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Re: Can't connect

Post by Lord Odin » Wed May 11, 2016 7:41 pm

Kalon go in your UO folder find the 22 val files right click on each one and click properties at bootom it will say this file is blocked , unblock them and make sur you create a shortcut to the val client on your desktop.
Windows like to keep us protected from files downloaded from other computers, Is a Pain....................Odin

PS if you still cant get in my skype addy is masterofvalhalla@hotmail.com add me and I will see what we can do to get you in game................
Law of Probability
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Kalon

Post by Kalon » Thu May 12, 2016 9:27 am

So I right clicked on the files, went to properties but there is not a block check box at the bottom. The two check boxes are read only and hidden.edit@ I also believe I'm on Windows 10, not 8. The desktop I left behind did not have this issue.

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Post by Lord Odin » Thu May 12, 2016 11:05 am

Ok add me on skype and we can see whats wrong................Odin
Doesn't matter if your on win 10 or 8 it still does weird things...............

masterofvalhalla@hotmail.com
Law of Probability
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Kalon

Post by Kalon » Thu May 12, 2016 1:58 pm

I'm not able to skype on this laptop, but I did email you.

Kari Delacroix

Post by Kari Delacroix » Thu May 12, 2016 5:25 pm

I can't connect today either, it crashes for me :( It's been a while since I've been on. Thought you guys might have changed the server IP again ....

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Post by Lord Odin » Thu May 12, 2016 5:42 pm

IP is valhallalost.servegame.com,5002
Law of Probability

Kari Delacroix

Post by Kari Delacroix » Thu May 12, 2016 10:36 pm

Thanks Odin, hopefully that works for me. Hoping it's an easy fix like that.

Kari Delacroix

Post by Kari Delacroix » Thu May 12, 2016 10:37 pm

shoot, that's not the reason it's not working :( Must be something else...

kalon2

Post by kalon2 » Sat May 14, 2016 3:52 pm

It's kalon, the website wont let me log in on this laptop for some reason. I tried install UO on a second windows 10 laptop. This is an HP, the other was asus. Still having the same issues.

Shoot

Post by Shoot » Mon May 16, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi Kalon,

I would just start over. Remove everything. Download a fresh install of Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy from here:
http://download.cnet.com/Ultima-Online- ... 32237.html

Then download the latest Valhalla client:
http://valhallalost.com/thor/downloads/Valhallalost.zip

Extract all files into the UO Program directory:
C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy

Right click each file, go to properties and make sure it is not blocked.

Launch "Valhallalost.exe" from C:\Program Files (x86)\EA Games\Ultima Online Mondain's Legacy\Valhallalost.exe

(Note if you're on a 32bit system it will be Program Files and not Program Files (x86))

I have this working on Windows 7, 8, and 10 so I know it's not a Windows problem.
Hope that helps.

Kalon

Post by Kalon » Tue May 17, 2016 1:23 pm

Thanks for the advice shoot, but it still isn't working. Im still having the same issues even after redone loading everything several times. I've tried it on two different windows 10 laptops. I've run out of time to play now anyway as I'm being recalled to work. It sucks I couldn't get on, take care everyone.

Shoot

Post by Shoot » Tue May 17, 2016 1:32 pm

Sorry to hear that, let me know if u want me to remote in sometime to take a look.