Ores question

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Rofzilla

Ores question

Post by Rofzilla » Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:49 pm

So as we know we have plenty of ores we can mine inside mines and outside in the world, my question is rather then colour what's the difference between them? If none in my opinion shouldn't a Masterpiece of Obsidian Wyrm ore be more valuable and stat wise better then an Iron masterpiece since its a rare ore? If not I think there should be some reword done in the mining/blacksmithing section.

I don't know if this should be in the Game Ideas section since it's also a question.

Allanon

Re: Ores question

Post by Allanon » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:02 pm

Hi raised that years ago as well as it seemed strange they all did pretty much the same thing apart from color. Where you will find the difference is if you do a mining BOD. The ores vary in the price you are paid for the BOD. Normal iron is around 5 per piece while Obsidian Wyrm is around 250.
Otherwise you can just use them for laminating items for the color effect.
The alu minium can be used to make horse barding to make warrior horses and looks like it will be further used in the High Seas expansion once that is ready.
Think the ores are also used in various quests or guild requirements where the type and amount of ingots is specified to obtain the reward.
Don't believe they add any benefit to weapons or armor (like durability etc).