Hi there...and a question

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

JangoJim

Hi there...and a question

Post by JangoJim » Sat Jun 08, 2019 3:48 pm

Greetings,

first of all i want to introduce myself. My name's Ronny and i'm from Germany.
After at least 10 years without playing UO, i recently installed the game again an joined this server with a tamer called Thordal Odinsson. And what can i say...i like what i see so far 8)

Now i've got a question. As i already wrote, i'm playing a tamer. Taming skill is 145, Veterinary is 95 and Animal Lore is 70.
I got some help from a very kind player and i'm glad to have a rune beetle so far which is a great help as it is very tanky. Now i wanted to tame another strong fighting pet. Yesterday i found a drake, tamed it, gave him 100 raw meat to fetch but it was going wild again every 2 minutes.
What am i doing wrong, can anybody tell me?

Thanks.

Odeth

Re: Hi there...and a question

Post by Odeth » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:05 pm

Hey bud, did you still have your beetle out when you tried to tame him? if so you may not have had enough pet slots to maintain control over him without stabling the beetle first. Other than that, you may have to manually feed it every 30 minutes or so to keep it happy for now until it can be investigated.

Sora Bloodbane

Post by Sora Bloodbane » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:21 am

Yes, its just as Odeth's first mention is.
The beetle is high on the list for control, so you will need to stable it if you want to tame something else.
He is set at 130 for taming, so there is not much more you can tame as you only have 15 points left for a open slot.
For feeding, I drop a few hundred pumpkins on the ground and tell him to fetch, he will grab it and auto feed himself for a while. If you do this make sure to check how many are left. Do this by telling him to drop. He will, and you can add more and tell him to fetch again.
evil never looked so good.

JangoJim

Post by JangoJim » Sun Jun 09, 2019 3:52 pm

Hey Odeth,

yes, i had my beetle with me, without it that drake would have grilled me right away when i tried to tame it :mrgreen:
Already thought about somethink like that, just wasn't sure. Thanks to you too, Sora.

Is there a list where i can see how much free points/slots any animal needs? Couldn't find anything at Valhalla Wiki.

Sora Bloodbane

Post by Sora Bloodbane » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 am

Its there on the wiki hun. More at the bottom, though not everything is listed.

http://wiki.valhallalost.com/index.php?title=Taming
evil never looked so good.