Question salvo

Open Game Discussions such as, classes, races, and so on. Do not use this forum to attack or demean the shard, the staff or players. Be respectful to one another.

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff

Tharovin

Question salvo

Post by Tharovin » Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:05 am

Hello everyone. I've got a few questions that I've been saving to ask a counselor tagged player but I chose to ask here instead
since I didn't think a single player could answer all of these. I also didn't want to make a separate thread for each question

• What do all the players that have spent many hours on this shard do on a regular basis? Run a shop, decorate their houses, and do server events?
• Do weapon special moves (Armor Ignore, Crushing Blow) for weapons even work?
• I've grown interested in imbuing recently. What items would be wise to be imbuing first? Is there any blunders I should be avoiding?
• I see a lot of players with blessed equipment, does that mean that, whenever I reach a point where I can get that kind of gear will there be no consequence to death besides inconvenience, and exp/stat/skill loss?
• Is setting up macros and managing henchies even worthwhile for general purpose hunting? Will there ever be a point that I don't use them because I can hunt solo without them?
• Is there or has anyone attempted to make a bestiary or "monsterpedia" for Valhalla Lost?

Lord Odin
Site Admin

Re: Question salvo

Post by Lord Odin » Fri Jul 10, 2020 9:42 am

Please check on wiki i know there's a beastiary there also may find many answers on it!
Law of Probability
The probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act.

Sora Bloodbane

Post by Sora Bloodbane » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:45 pm

Hope this helps, you can also read up on a bunch of things on the Wiki http://wiki.valhallalost.com/index.php?
If you still have more questions, feel free to ask!!

~Players that have spent hours here, do pretty much anything and everything. There are still areas in the world that some have not gotten around to exploring, be it due to crafting or hunting for things needed to craft. To just hunting for the heck of it, or for a special item. Dungeons are all over the place, there are different places to go like Lost Realms or Malas just to name a few. feel like just fishing? Maybe cook? There are MANY things to do.

~Yes weapon special skills do work. Though you do have to have a certain base skill set for it to work, and make sure to have that specific weapon in hand.

~Imbuding, you can chose which ever one you want to start with first. It is all up to the player on what way they want to build their character. Just keep in mind for each point, it will require more of the indigence.
~Blessed equipment, this is a wonderful thing. If you happen to death cry, on your 3rd KO, this keeps anything from being looted from your body by a monster. Though it doesn't protect against if your body decays when you are dead. Using a Bless Gem on the item blesses it.

~Macros, they can be a nifty thing to have. Again it is all up to the experience you wish to have. There are some players who have EVERYTHING set to a macro and others with a few. I think there was one before who did not have any as they just liked doing it manually. Its your choice.

~Bestiary, a list has been made as Lord Odin said. Just take a peek at the wiki http://wiki.valhallalost.com/index.php?title=Main_Page Though dont be surprised if you happen to come across something that isn't on the list, as there tend to be some new critters here and there that fall into our world.
evil never looked so good.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:06 pm

Looks like my first reply disappeared into the ether.

What Sora said.

Also, on the henchies and macros. This shard is class based. If you choose a Knight you should also spec in leadership as your henchies will be a lot stronger and more useful. You can solo hunt without them but it will take longer to kill stuff. A fully trained henchie (max stats and skills) is a lot hardier than the Knight. They are your strongest weapon. Their MR and Tactics is set at your leadership level. Add in the true leader ability and they gain even more. Give them a fighters resolve outfit and they will heal better. Wear a Inspired leader set and they are even better (when you are KO or dead). Mine have ressed me more often than I have ressed them. A lot more. You can tank while they heal you. Trouble is you need to look after them and train them until they are full strength. If you die you can't just walk away as you need them. You can buy insurance for the henchie gear (and yourself) but the real value of the henchie is the henchie itself. So macro away.

This only applies to fully trained henchies and a spec in leadership - they can still be handy but nowhere near as good.

If you really want to solo hunt, create a new character with a class designed to hunt solo. You can have 5 characters.
Solo is good as no need to worry about anyone else. If you have a KO or 2 you can just walk away and leave the horse etc behind. Got all your gear and no need to worry about blessing items or insurance or dead henchies.

On the special moves and imbuing. They all work, just don't expect a huge gain. It's more a matter of every little bit helps. What you imbue for should be based on your class. A mage may want faster casting / less reagents. A knight would be after more damage, more armor, more parry etc. Imbue on your class / skill set.

On the bestiary side, if you mean a list detailing how hard they are (so you can judge whether you can take them or not) I've not seen one like that. Degree of difficulty can vary on how trained the player is and what skill set they have. If you don't know how hard the mob is, best bet is to take it slow and easy until you do.

Allanon

Post by Allanon » Wed Jul 22, 2020 7:12 pm

Also, a lot of players leave a clone when they log off the shard. All items on these clones will show as blessed. This doesn't mean that the actual player items are also blessed. Just in case you were looking at them. You can bless items though.