issues getting someone into the game

Shard and Forum Account Problems Only

Moderators: Buri, Lady Skadi, Lord Uller, Lord Odin, Tack, hugin, Ve, Valhalla Staff, Mimir, Magni

Sora Bloodbane

issues getting someone into the game

Post by Sora Bloodbane » Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:28 am

I have someone trying to get into the game, when or I as I tried to test it, go to download the classic client, it acts as if it is going to download only flickering though nothing happens. He has Win7 and I have win10. He has a EA Games folder (no electronic arts folder) with only Legacy and Stygian Abyss folder in there. In his downloads, there is a UOClassicSetup Icon, once clicked it goes through the patching process and loads the game. Though there is no folder for this one. Even Im at a loss at this point. Anyone have an idea?
evil never looked so good.

Buri
Site Admin

Re: issues getting someone into the game

Post by Buri » Wed Feb 10, 2021 7:06 pm

Hi
the click on the file usually flashes and then starts to download the setup file into your default download directory. Check your browser settings to see where your default download directory is set to. If he is running the setup file it has to have been downloaded - it may be being saved direct to their desktop.
If you run the file and it begins the patching process then the file has to be in the computer somewhere - otherwise the patching would fail.

Look in Program Files and Program Files (x86) if that is installed. The patching process should also indicate the file location as it is being updated (I think, it's been a while).

If you can't see it, try searching for UO.exe and see what that brings up. If you have more than one hard drive you may need to search each hard drive as the default search usually only looks at C drive.